ABOUTState of Green is a blog showcasing modern sustainable design in Australia and its surrounds. More >>
Become a State of Green sponsor
Currently in Store …..
AS SEEN IN …….
- Product Design students create edgy and sustainable furniture designs using digital manufacturing techniques
- Giveaway: Up Up & Away with Polli’s new sustainable jewellery range
- The PanelPop introduces a new sustainable art medium
- Chapman & Bailey’s Sow’s Ear Challenge showcases sustainable design in a new light
- New stock arriving …and we are a little in love with it!
- Australian Design
- book review
- eco awards
- eco baby + child
- eco brands
- eco design
- Eco Events
- eco living
- eco outdoor
- eco travel
- Eco Xmas
- organic beauty
- organic skincare
- sustainable architecture
- sustainable fashion
- sustainable furniture
- Sustainable textiles
Sites we like …
LINK TO US
Category Archives: organic skincare
Sorry boys, the Inika organic cosmetic giveaway we have up for offer is focused on pampering the girls, but you still may want to jump on board and enter, as Mothers Day is coming up just around the corner in May!
Inika is kindly offering up their very stylish brand new Romancing the Storm collection valued at $79.95. The Inika range is 100% natural, toxin free AND features glamourous colours and shades. They are also the first company in the world to have a range that is:
- 100% certified vegan or certified organic or both
- 100% certified cruelty free AND
- 100% certified Halal
Inika is the brainchild of two savvy and health conscious Australian women, Miranda Bond and Jenni William. In 2006 they decided to launch a natural cosmetics range that was free of toxins and chemicals, and since then their business has gone from strength to strength. It has gained an international following (stocked by over 500 retailers), has been recommended by dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons to sensitive skin sufferers, and last year was listed by BRW as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies. In 2010 Inika won ACP magazines Best Foundation (medium) award, and was also nominated alongside Dior and Chanel products for the Marie Claire Prix de Beaute award for best product – pretty impressive!
+ GIVEAWAY DETAILS
The Inika Romancing the Stone Collection includes the following:
- a limited edition rose gold Crème de Cassis cream eyeshadow;
- Autumn Plum mineral eyeshadow;
- creamy Black Caviar eyeliner; and
- for the lips, a soft ‘nude’ lipstick Naked Ambition.
To be in the running to win this Collection, just leave a comment below (Subscribers -just click on the title to access the Leave a Reply field) by 7pm Wednesday 23 March 2011. The winner will be drawn at random, and winners advised on this blog post and Facebook!
Goodluck and thanks to Inika for this wonderful giveaway!
SUBSCRIBE to the State of Green blog for all our latest news, reviews and interviews! Just pop your email address into the box in the top right corner of this blog, and you will receive our blogs hot off the press.
Do you get some great ideas in the middle of the night, and then wake up in the morning not quite remembering the details?? One night, Anastasia Lambadaridis, founder of Save Our Skin had an epiphany of sorts, and when she awoke she put her skincare range into action! Save Our Skin comprises only three products – oil soap & balm – which have been formulated from only 5 organic ingredients: olive oil, beeswax, calendula flower, mandarin and honey. Although a small range, each product is intentionally multifunctional – so much so that you could clear out your bathroom cabinet ….
Magical Golden Oil - make-up remover, facial cleanser, deep hair conditioning treatment, bath oil, body moisturiser. Mildest Soap on Earth - bodywash, hairwash. Balm - eye and lip balm; nourishes extra dry skin, protects babies bottoms, protects and heals cuts, sores, burns and cracked nipples…..
Anastasia participated in our Seven Statements interview, and shared the following with us:
1. I started my business because…I had a dream, that turned into a vision and the more I ignored it the stronger the desire grew to make it happen.
2. I admire… my son for his honesty and humour – he brings out the best in me and makes us laugh.
3. My style is… practical, eclectic, elegant, clean and fun. I like mixing old with new, cold with warm and this is reflected in save our skins’ branding. We use industrial and recyclable brushed aluminium packaging that is offset with warm untreated wood in store display stands, the bright blue labels mirror the bluest of blue skies.
4. My favourite annual event is… seeing my sons face light up on christmas morning tops the list. Christmas is fun in our home. Last year Santa’s reindeers ate all the carrots and made such a mess in our lounge room… New Years day is also a favourite of mine – time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future.
5. My easy ecoliving tip is… if you don’t use it…pass it on to someone who will – as less equals more.
6. When I was a kid I loved… dancing – still do!
7. In the next year I hope to … enjoy time with my little boy before he starts school & master cooking greek style. My yiayia (greek for Grandmother) is 82, we share the same name and passion for home grown herbs, vegies and cooked meals. I also hope to widen distribution of save our skin products and develop and introduce range extensions and possibly two more brands.
Thanks Anastasia – Much appreciated!